Translate

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Clumsy is the new sexy

Dear all (Switching it up),
 I feel that I should start writing some blogs that really live up to my name as "Calamity Grace".
Being 6ft and a woman I do attract lots of unwanted attention and height related questions from the general public. The biggest downsize of being tall is being clumsy. And I literally am the clumsiest person you will ever meet. 

My mums favorite one liner is ; before she introduces me to people  : "I don't know why we called her Grace, shes the least graceful person  I know". Although I hate her saying this, as I have heard it 19 years of my life, it is factually accurate. 

Yesterday was completely average; and here is a list of things that happened it about 2 hours. This is the gods honest truth. And all I did was go to the gym.

1) Spotify stopped playing on my phone for no reason and then froze.
2) This is turn froze my nike running app.
3) Then my phone armband started sliding off.
4) This then caused my headphones to get jammed in the axis of the running machine.
5) So I gave up on the running machine and tried the cross trainer. Where I went to get a drink, ended up squirting water (from one of them lucazade bottles) all down my top.
6) Dont worry I can run this off. No..... my leg came off the cross trainer and fell in the middle barrier where my other leg was still running which resulted in my running over my own leg. Nice. Ouch.
7) Carried my mat over to the mat pile. Almost dropped my mat on a person.
8)Leaving the gym. Shaking my protein shaker. Without the lid on. Cover the floor in protein mix. People all stare and me ... I panicked and said "Its not sick" ... I then had to clean it up in front of everyone. 
9) Came home to tell Lucy of the protein shaker drama... only to react it ... doing the exactly the same thing but in my lounge. 

This is all true. This is my life. This happened. 

This is why I am  Calamity Grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment